Photovoltaic units installed in heavy snowfall regions are generally facing two areas of concern:
- Structural overload causing roof damage. In worst cases snow can weigh over 200 kg/m².
- Production losses due to snow covered panels.
The HAIN Solar Reverter is a fully automated snow removal process that uses a patented reverse technology. This method does not damage the solar cells, panels, inverter or other components. Panels manufacturer’s warranties are not affected.
THE HAIN SYSTEM CAN BE USED IN TWO DIFFERENT SCENERIOS
The Hain System
The patented HAIN reverter is an electrical switchgear that reverses the function of the inverter within the photovoltaic system. The reverter takes AC from the mains and converts to DC. The DC voltage is carefully fed into the solar modules, thereby slowly heating them up. While the HAIN reverter is operating the inverter is turned off.
A reverse energy flow to hear solar panel works for the following conditions:
- The panels must be Mono- or Polycrystalline solar modules, residential and industrial panels
- Sufficient Grid power is made available
- Remote wireless access is available
- Centralized or String Inverter only, HAIN DOES NOT work with Micro Inverters
As the HAIN system uses only 85% of the specified voltage and current load ability, it will never void any panel warranty.